Are you PhD [PASSIONATE, HUNGRY AND DRIVEN]? Well then this might be the workplace for you…
An exciting career opportunity is available at GUNN Consultants Inc., in our Calgary Office! We are looking for the right candidate to join our growing team and expand our brand.
GUNN Consultants Inc. is a close-knit team of professionals dedicated to delivering the very best quality consulting services for vertical transportation (aka elevator/escalator) equipment to our clients.
We are looking for a solutions-driven efficiency expert to support our Project Management Teams in delivering optimal service to our clients. If that sounds like you, read on!
The role involves an initial training and introduction phase as our Technical Delivery Coordinator (TDC), with a transition to Junior Project Engineer. The Technical Delivery Coordinator assists in the success of each project by creating the first draft of project documentation, monitoring the status of all technical projects, and supporting the Project Managers. The TDC embodies effectiveness and efficiency through the utilization and reinforcement of GUNN best practices, reports, database management, templates and tracking systems.
- Drafting technical documentation (proposals, contracts, reports, specifications, letters, etc.)
- Document editing and issuance
- Coordination and tracking of project documentation, schedules, and deadlines
- Following up with contractors and clients to resolve outstanding items
- Attendance at meetings/conference calls as required, preparation minutes of meetings
Junior Project Engineers begin in the Technical Delivery Coordinator position to gain a full understanding of how an elevator project works from start to finish. You would slowly transition to Junior Project Engineer and be placed in one of the special divisions (ex. New Construction, Modernization, Inspections and Special Projects).
This transition is broken down as follows:
Who You Are:
- Famous for exhibiting a high level of coordination, prioritization, and organization
- Strong attention to detail (i.e., recognizing written errors, reviewing documents for accuracy and consistency)
- Known to take initiative and close cycles of action
- Work well independently
- Deadline driven and solution oriented
- Ready to speak up if needed to ensure procedures are followed
- Natural curiosity for processes and how things connect
- Basic knowledge of electronics and mechanical equipment
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Experience with project coordination involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the construction industry an asset
Who We Are:
- We have a dynamic and dedicated team who are motivated to produce great things and build a solid reputation in the industry
- We’re positive, open-minded, professionals who thrive on new challenges
- We work hard and we have fun doing it!
- We value career advancement and believe in promoting from within
- We have excellent benefits (Extended health, Furthering Education)
- We offer a modified schedule for most roles to allow every other Friday off
- We promote a healthy lifestyle and exercise with shower facilities
- We organize formal and informal team-building activities throughout the year
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- $50,000 – $68,000 Annually, DOE
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- In-person in Calgary office